Monday, May 11, 2015

Well, here we are

Today, I woke up feeling bored and dissatisfied. All morning, my thoughts were travelling to last week, when one of my friends declared that she liked the things I wrote about, and how I should start a blog. Apparently, I'm the type of person, where if my friends decide to go jumping off a cliff, I will pull out my phone and say "yeah, that sounds great, let me put it in my calendar," because here we are.

 So what should I expect from this? To be honest, I'm not sure. I like to write, and I like to think. I like to discuss things I'm thinking about with other people. Why not do it in written form? I will try to post once a week about something that interests me. Since I'm a parent and parenting takes up a good deal of my time, I expect that discussions revolving around those issues will happen more often than not. However, I am a woman of diverse (albeit geeky) interests, so I'm sure other things will pop up from time to time.

I want to emphasize that these are my opinions, and if anyone reads this, they may have differing ones. And that's ok. I remember once I replied very snarkily about something a friend cared about, and she just looked at me and laughed, saying "how are we even friends?" I'm glad she laughed, because in this day and age, it seems as though we become surrounded by echo chambers. Our google searches, and facebook feeds, and everything we interact with online becomes tailored to suit our opinions and make us feel comfortable. I don't want that. I'm proud to know people from various cultures and backgrounds with different political views, orientations and religions. How boring life would be if I only spoke to people who thought the same way as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment